A life story in a piece of paper
LIFE IS A BEAUTIFUL JOURNEY
Life is a beautiful journey, isn't it?
But how could you see the beauty of it when in fact, life is full of struggle & miseries? By the way, what does life mean for you?
For me, it is a journey filled with lessons, heartaches, hardships, joys, celebration and special moments that will ultimately lead us to our destination, our purpose in life. The road is not always smooth; in fact, throughout our travel we will encounter many challenges.
Let me tell you some of my experiences:
- Believe it or not, I was a scavenger. I remember one time that I ate food thrown into the garbage because of hunger. And the money I earned from the scrapped materials I picked up supported my study until I completed highschool.
- I have lost a loved one, my mother, which took me a long time to recover.
- I was a breadwinner and sent my siblings to school, supporting them financially and emotionally.
- I was broken hearted
- I'm a working student
So much sadness and hardships but,
- I was awarded as Best Production Operator of the Year and not only that
- I was promoted from production operator to Process Engineer.
You know what; through the years of survival I have realized that life is a matter of choice - whether to live and to give up. And in my case, I chose to live and survive because I believe that if I give up, I would never see the purpose that waits to be discovered with every trial. If I say it's over, I would never experience ultimate happiness, if I never had the courage to face the challenges one could ever feel.
Your life now is the product of your choices. The beauty of life is not on how to live but on how to survive.
Let your hope, not your hurts, shape your future.